I thought I would continue our look into worship this week with some more Scripture. That is where we determined we would find the “Who” of our worship, right? So, let’s look there to see “What” this God we worship is?
What in the world is God?
- Near to us- “For what great nation [is there] that has God [so] near to it, as the LORD our God [is] to us, for whatever [reason] we may call upon Him?” (Deuteronomy 4:7)
- Jealous for us- “For the LORD your God [is] a consuming fire, a jealous God.” (Deuteronomy 4:24)
- Ruler of Earth- For God [is] the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding. (Psalm 47:7)
- The One who saves us- Our God [is] the God of salvation; (Psalm 68:20)
- Our Protection- For the LORD God [is] a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good [thing] will He withhold From those who walk uprightly. (Psalm 84:11)
- Full of grace, goodness and forgiveness- Gracious [is] the LORD, and righteous; Yes, our God [is] merciful. (Psalm 116:5)
- The Spirit – “God [is] Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:24)
- On our side – What then shall we say to these things? If God [is] for us, who [can be] against us? (Romans 8:31)
- Faithful – God [is] faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (1 Chronicles 1:9)
- The Light that exposes sin – This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. (1 John 1:5)
- The Love that covers our sin – God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)
These are but a few Scripture verses stating “WHAT” God is. Are there any others you can think of? In reading these verses, I hope you can begin to see why we worship this awesome God!
Come, Now is the Time to Worship
Come Thou Fount Come Thou King
For The Honor
Jesus, Lover of My Soul